Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Bit of a Rant


Let me just say this. I do not typically rant about much of anything. But I have a few things I would like to throw out there for you to think about.

Last week my wife and I were in Tulsa, OK. We don't spend a lot of time there and just to be honest it is not my favorite place to visit. As we were trying to get back to Oklahoma City we got caught up in a detour and took us on a wild goose chase. It reminded me of why it is not my favorite place to visit. Although Tulsa is the place where two of my favorite people in the world reside, Matt and Lindsay Nelson. If you are in the area and are looking for a church you should check them out @ http://citychurchtulsa.com/.

Question: Which city in America has the best roads?

Also, why is it that as humans we are so full of excuses? In a past blog I talked a lot about personal ownership. Excuses are the exact opposite.

Challenge: Take responsibility for something that may or may not have been your fault this week. This is a great way to learn personal ownership.

Remember, Jesus took personal ownership over all of your mistakes and he didn't even say "but I didn't do it, she did".


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I thought I was going to read about roads but you turned it to Heavier Things!

    Love your comments about ownership. A great example of that from the amazing people of NORTHchurch: a lady at the church just proactively sent in a list of about 10 people she knows are prayer warriors, and asked us to check if they are on the Prayer Team, and invite them if not. That wasn't her job, but she took ownership and I LOVED it. I am looking forward to contacting these new people and watching what God has in store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll second that too with jen. i was like oh, this is good, it'll be all roads and light hearted and then BAM, hefty hefty cinch sack. good stuff clint. that's a hard challenge, because i usually am not the one who does it. i really am not! :) only kidding. like when people clean out the fridge and it wasn't even there fault. wow, we have a great staff @ NORTH. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete