Monday, July 27, 2009

Perception is Everything!

Do you believe, you are what you think? Pretty crazy idea huh. That the way you perceive yourself actually has an impact on your daily life. The truth is your perception determines who you are as a person. I have a bad habit of making fun of myself and cracking jokes when I make an honest mistake but if I am not careful it can throw me into a whirlwind of defeat. God created me to succeed and even in defeat I am learning.

How do you perceive yourself?

1 comment:

  1. One thing I've had to stop doing is yelling "I'm a moron/idiot/retard" everytime I make a mistake. Dad showed me that anytime I do this I'm literally cursing myself and speaking those things into existence. So do I REALLY think I'm any of those things? NO! But in speaking them I give them power in my life and that's the last things we want to do is give the enemy any authority in our life to make it less than what God wants to do and that is to bless and protect us. We have to guard not only our minds but our tongue from that negative thinking and idle words because from the tongue can come blessings and curses. Let your mouth be a blessing to others and to YOU!

    ReplyDelete